- Singtel is acquiring Australia telco infrastructure provider, Axicom for AUD 3.6 billion.
- Keppel Corp is disposing its logistics arm to Geodis International SAS for SGD 80 million.
Real Estate Industry
· Senheng Retail is acquiring a 2.9 acres land in Kapar, Klang from Pintaras Jaya Berhad for RM 25.2 million. The property acquired will be used as warehouse.
· Wingtai Holdings is expanding its presence in Melbourne, Australia via an AUD 49 million acquisition.
Users can get access all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.
- Titijaya Land Berhad is partnering with DHL to build a logistics complex in Bayan Lepas, Penang.
Cash Call/ Debt restructuring
- Japfa Ltd is listing its China dairy farming business on the HKeX.
- MQ Technology Bhd is raising RM 14.3 million via placing out 357 million new shares.
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Aeon Co is cutting down its capital expenditure plan and focus on rejuvenating existing malls.
- Cuckoo is investing more than RM 100 million in Selangor and transform Malaysia into a regional hub.
- Furniture player, Sand Nisko Capital is allocating RM 50 million for capital expenditure.
- Shopee sellers are complaining about lesser sales and the share price of e-commerce platform are plunging. This data further proves that the surge in e-commerce transaction during the pandemic is not sustainable. (Read Full Story) https://www.isquareintelligence.com/articles/Ecommerce-receding
- A great indicator to forecast the commodity cycle. (Read Full Story) https://www.isquareintelligence.com/articles/audjpy-commodity-cycle
- An indicator closely looked by traders is showing a recession is near. (Read Full Story) https://www.isquareintelligence.com/articles/recession-10Y-2Y
- How to build connection with the world richest man. (Read Full Story) https://www.isquareintelligence.com/articles/career-helping
- Malaysia companies that delivered outstanding quarter results during March 2022. (Read Full Story) https://www.isquareintelligence.com/articles/quarter-result-2022-03
News we are reading
- Shopee is leaving the Indian market, another major exit after the company exited its Europe market a few weeks ago. (Reuters) https://www.reuters.com/business/retail-consumer/exclusive-seas-e-commerce-arm-shopee-shut-down-india-operations-statement-2022-03-28/?fbclid=IwAR35idSuFEZXp_-dbQvA4TwmwJ-IghbSAKNUZTEn2-qyXqsMfpOmzVNNxzI
- Russia is buying gold at a fixed price. This could be the start of the Russian Ruble Gold Standard. https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/russian-cenbank-restart-buying-gold-banks-will-pay-fixed-price-march-28-2022-03-25/
If you are an investor, identifying what’s happening in the industry will give you a long-term view of the industry and ignore the noises. We had built a tool to help you to focus on the trends that are shaping the landscape much more easily. Access it here.
Trades we are monitoring
- Short unprofitable US tech stocks
- Long US Treasury Bond
- Long defensive stocks
- Long on beaten-down China tech stocks