Here's what we have for the week
* Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO)
- Keppel Corp had been awarded a USD 2.8 billion contract from Petrobras to build an FPSO rig.
- SATS is acquiring the world’s largest air cargo handling firm, Worldwide Flight Services for EUR1.19 billion in cash. The transaction implies an EV/EBITDA multiple of 9.7x.
- CGS-CIMB Securities Group will be fully controlled by China Galaxy Securities (CGS) by January 2023.
* Location of Hakka Restaurant Land
Real Estate Industry
- Loke Wan Yat Realty Sdn Bhd, is believed to be in talks to sell the land where the well-known Hakka Restaurant is situated. (The Edge)
- A leasehold land located at Chan Sow Lin area for RM 600 psqft.
- Koperasi Belia Nasional Bhd is acquiring 9.33 acres of land in Gombak, Selangor for RM 35 million.
- Uchi Technologies is selling its plant in Penang for RM 19 million.
Cash Call/ Debt restructuring/Restructuring/Proposed Listing
- Sentoria Group Bhd, the operator of Bukit Gambang Theme Park is raising RM 15.31 million via private placement. The issue price is RM 0.135 per piece.
- Heng Huat Resources has received a mandatory take offer at 37.7 sen a share and 29.7 sen per warrant.
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Sweden-based Scandinavian IBS Sdn Bhd (SIBS) will be investing RM500mil to expand its plant in Simpang Ampat, Penang.
- Sime Darby Motors Malaysia has inked a distribution agreement with BYD for the distribution of BYD's electric vehicles (EV) for the Malaysian passenger car market.
Users can filter the companies' activities via industry or nature of activities via using our tool for Malaysia companies and Singapore companies via the link.
Users can get access to all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.
- Positions of Pound and Gilt Plunges. (Read Full Story)
- A list of affordable housing schemes that helps youngsters to own property in the capital city. (Read Full Story)
- Rationale behind BOE QE. (Read Full Story)
- US Mortgage affordability. (Read Full Story)
News we are reading