Here's what we have for the week
- Sea Ltd, the parent company of e-commerce player Shopee, is giving up some 200,000 square feet (sq ft) of office space at CapitaLand’s newly-opened Rochester Commons development in the one-north area near the Buona Vista MRT station. Sea Ltd had signed a 7 years long lease commencing 2021.
- Despite the gloomy outlook for China real estate industry, Keppel Corp is acquiring a company that is developing a residential project in Shanghai, China for RMB 344 million.
- INOKOM Corp Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Sime Darby Bhd, is understood to be in talks with Chinese automaker Chery Automobile Co Ltd over contract assembly for the latter.
Real Estate Industry
- eCurve mall in Mutiara Damansara is going to be redeveloped into high rise residences.
Cash Call/ Debt restructuring/Restructuring/Proposed Listing
- Axis Reit is raising up to RM178 million via a private placement to repay bank financing.
- Halcyon Agri Corp, the rubber plantation firm has received a mandatory conditional cash offer from China Hainan Rubber to acquire the remaining share for SGD 0.44 per piece.
* Dutch Lady Industries Bandar Baru Enstek and its surrounding
Company Expansion Plan/ Capex Plan
- Samchem Holdings Bhd is increasing its total warehousing capacity by 38% and 58% in Malaysia and Vietnam respectively.
- The total new capital investment for Dutch Lady Milk Industries’ planned new facilities in Bandar Baru Enstek, Negeri Sembilan will be increased to RM540 million, from the previous estimate of RM340 million
Users can filter the companies' activities via industry or nature of activities via using our tool for Malaysia companies and Singapore companies via the link.
Users can get access to all the major transactions of offices, lands, and factories in Malaysia via this tool.